Success. It has been man's greatest quest.
Success gives us pride and sense of fulfillment. But success comes only to those who are sincerely dedicated and committed in achieving their goals.
In today's blog I am very excited to share with you guys about a very empowering Youtube video.
This video is about Programming for Success. The idea applies to everyone but I can't help to think about what it can do especially for Realtors faced with so many challenges and setbacks. It's called the Impact Theory and the guest is psychologist Dr. Joe Dispenza.
Basically, what he's saying is that everything that you are doing day to day - all of it has a significant contributing factor and impact to your personality, traits and behavior. Even the tiniest thing that happened in your day can affect your overal success-trajectory in life.
For instance, you wake up, you check Instagram and you see someone that is doing way better than you, then you feel down and upset. This affects your motivation and drive for the whole day, which will then end up with you not doing as much as what you want to do on a daily basis.
It is like a computer program that runs in the background. You are not really aware of it but it's affecting your overall performance.
These activities become our HABITS that it gets to the point that our body does it better than our mind.
I believe it's a truly powerful way to understand what's happening with your direction in life.
We get comfortable with routine, with doing the unhealthy familiar yet perceived to be "safe" activities. The things that we are familiar and comfortable with are holding us back like a trap and we don't want to step out to the unfamiliar often because our brain hasn't been programmed for changes.
Most of the time, doing something different without waiting for something out of the ordinary to happen brings out your full potential to the path of success.
If you have been following my blog posts then you know what are the amazing things that can happen once you step out of your comfort zone in real estate or by taking on bigger listings.
Here are some other takeaways from the video:
How to unlock the full potential of your mind
- Don't let the past dictate your state of being. Stop setting up your mind in prison of fear because you anticipate the worst thinking you are protecting yourself from unforeseen events.
- The way our body is programmed is based on how we think and perceive things that we experience.
- Meditation plays a vital role in taming our minds. Through this, you can practice on how to change brainwaves, slow them down and it can bring relevant changes on how our minds operate. It won't control you but it will be the other way around.
- Just because you have a thought, doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Believing that your thoughts has something to do with your destiny, you're life's not going to change much. Same thought leads to same choice, the same choice leads to the same behavior, the same behavior leads to the same experience, the same experience produces the same motion. It is very important to become aware and conscious of this cycle of how you think, act and feel.
- Our thoughts can make us sick but can surely make us well too. This fact is backed by science and is beautifully explained in the video.
- You can learn and change in the state of pain and suffering or in the state of joy and inspiration. Why wait for change?
I also would like to share with you guys the final but most impacting part of the video for me which is Dr. Joe's answer to the final question:
"What's the impact that you want to have in the world? " in which he said..
I think the end game for me is to empower people to such a degree that they realize that they need less things outside of them to make them happy. Less things outside of them to regulate their moods and their behaviors and that they begin to use the kind of power that we all have access to and to really change the world to make a difference so that there's more peace, more connection that we support and love each other and we serve better. If everybody's working on themselvesand doing their best to present the greatest ideal of themselves to the world I think the world would be a better place, that's my passion.
What a great perspective.
Imagine if we all think that way, what kind of changes will it bring to our real estate game, or in our entire life generally.
These are just some of the very abundant information you can get from the video of Dr. Joe Dispenza.
Let me know what you guys think. I'm sure this can help you guys in your understanding what you're doing on a micro-level and see how we can improve that.
I'm gonna follow up with this post with another blog about ways that we can achieve that. Share with me your thoughts on email@example.com
Talk to you guys soon.
Agents, Get Early Access To The Most Advanced Pocket Listing Platform Available